1G: Mobile telephony in the first generation, worked with an analogue voice transmission:
This radio technology standard was introduced in the 1980’s. However, digital signals were used to connect to both the towers, and the voice were modulated to a higher frequency of 150MHz.
2G: Digital voice transmission technology was launched on the GSM standard. As compared to 1G, 2G had greater signal penetration levels and offered varied services including SMS, MMS, picture messages. With a bandwidth range: 9.6 or 14.4 kilobits per second (KBit / s).
2.5G: GPRS (2001), digital data transmission. The packet-switched technology achieves higher bandwidths usually up to 55 kbit / s, by bundling several GSM channels.
- 2.75G: EDGE (2006) - Further development of GSM by using a more efficient modulation method. The first iPhone used EDGE, bandwidth: usually up to 150 kbit / s.
3G: UMTS (2004) - This standard enables the simultaneous transmission and reception of several data streams through a new radio access technology. Bandwidth: initially up to 384 kbps.
3.5G: HSPA (2006): Extension of UMTS with bandwidths up to 42 MBit / s.
4G: LTE (2010): This standard is based on the UMTS infrastructure and is also sometimes referred to as 3.9G, with a bandwidth of up to 50 MBit / s (download). By bundling frequency bands, a speed of theoretically up to 500 Mbps can be achieved in the download (4.5G).
5G: The fifth mobile generation is expected by the year 2020. At the moment, such a 4G successor technology is being researched in several countries.
- An IoT platform with which you can implement very different IoT projects.
- A beautiful web-based interface with user friendly applications for device management, trend analysis, reporting and alarming. This is how we help you in keeping track of all important information.
- The software architecture is designed for maximum communication protocol connectability. Development is also focused on integration and interoperability.
- High flexibility and perfect adaptability to the individual needs of every individual customer.
- The platform is device-agnostic and supports open communication standards. This allows data to be collected and processed from heterogeneous global landscapes.
- The focus is on IT and Data Security of your sensitive data. Your data is protected by encryption methods on different transmission paths.
With niota™, DIGIMONDO enables fast and successful implementation of your powerful IoT projects in a cost-efficient and risk-free manner. Niota™ is based on more than 7 person years of development and experience from more than 50 projects. DIGIMONDO ensures that you and your data are digitally and technically a step ahead, always!